D&R Henderson understands better than anyone that quality is success.
Considerable resources have been spent in recent years upgrading key plant and equipment to drive engineered quality improvements throughout the business.
Closure of the old Windsor Operations and outsourcing manufacturing to Benalla and Malaysia was a fundamental step forward in paper foil quality and resulting Melamine products.
Now all melamine foils are produced on state of the art German engineered treating lines using European produced papers. All Melamine products are manufactured on the main Dieffenbacher short cycle line in Benalla, a modern high performance press.
Modern air-grading systems have been installed throughout the particleboard plant, ensuring only the cleanest wood flakes are used to produce our board products. Sophisticated bonding modifiers are added to resin systems to improve routing, saw-cut and drilling performance.
New technology is constantly being added to reduce variability and ensure consistent quality is maintained across the full product range.
Quality systems within our manufacturing operations include:
- JASANZ (Joint Accreditation System for Australia and New Zealand)
- EWPAA (Engineered Wood Products Association of Australasia)
- PEFC (Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification)
- AFCS (Australian Forestry Certification Scheme)
- AWPCS (Australian Wood Packaging Certification Scheme).
Quality standard certifications for our products include:
- AS 4707 Chain of Custody for Forest Products (Particleboard and Pine Timber)
- JIS A5908 Japanese Industrial Standard (Particleboard)
- AS/NZS 1860.1 Specifications: Particleboard Flooring
- AS/NZS 1859.1 Specifications: (Standard and Moisture Resistant) Particleboard
Many other standards are used including:
- ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- AS 4266.1-27 Methods of Test (Particleboard)
- AS 1860.2 Particleboard Flooring Installation
- AS 1748 & 2858 Stress-Graded for Structural Purposes – Softwood Timber AS
- 4785 Sawn & Milled Products – Softwood Timber